Two-factor authentication, or 2FA, is an extra layer of protection you can enable to keep your SeatGeek account more secure. Once you enable 2FA, you'll need your phone with you in order to log into your account. After you enter your password, you'll be prompted for a verification code, which is obtained via SMS or an authentication app. Once you enter that code, you'll be logged in — and anyone trying to fraudulently access your account will be kept out!
Articles in this section
- I think I entered the email/shipping address wrong, how can I change it?
- How to Unsubscribe from SeatGeek emails
- How do I close or delete my SeatGeek account?
- How do I report a fraudulent purchase?
- How do I reset my password?
- How do I create a SeatGeek user account?
- How do I send tickets?
- How do I change my SeatGeek email preferences?
- What is two-factor authentication?
- What happens if I lose my phone? How do I access my account?