Many MLB teams require their tickets to be transferred through the home team’s mobile ticket account manager or the MLB Ballpark app. You'll need to create an account in the MLB Ballpark app using the same email address you provided for your SeatGeek order at checkout. You’ll receive an email from us when your tickets are ready to access in the MLB Ballpark app, and you may also receive an email from the MLB to notify you that tickets have been forwarded to you. If you don’t receive an email from the MLB, don’t worry! The tickets should still be waiting for you in the MLB app once we notify you that your tickets have been fulfilled.
After you have created an account with the MLB Ballpark app, you will need to link the account with that home team’s ticketing account manager which is automatically created with your email once the transfer is sent to you. Once your account is linked, you'll be able to display the tickets from within the MLB Ballpark app!
Here are detailed step-by-step instructions and an instructional video in case you're more of a visual learner! (note: you do not need to start with the MLB transfer email as illustrated below; you can go straight to the app to verify your email there.)
- Download the MLB Ballpark App and create an account or log in with the email address you used when you purchased your tickets.
- Make sure your email is verified. Go to the profile tab in the top left of the MLB Ballpark App home screen and select “My MLB Account Emails.” From there, you can add and verify email addresses. Make sure that the email address you used to purchase tickets is verified and listed here. You can also re-send verification emails from this screen.
- Once your email address is verified, your baseball tickets will be available in the Wallet tab of your account.
- If you still don’t see your tickets after logging into the app and verifying your email address, you can follow these steps:
- Make sure your MLB Ballpark app is up-to-date with the latest version.
- If you are checking for your tickets before game day, check again within 24 hours of your game. Many venues do not display tickets until closer to the game as a security measure.
- Search your email for an email from the MLB informing you that tickets have been forwarded to you. Tickets should be automatically fulfilled to your MLB account, but sometimes you need to accept the tickets through a transfer email to accept them.
If you're having trouble accepting or viewing your MLB tickets, contact us by scrolling down and tapping Contact Support while viewing your order in the SeatGeek app. Click here to see how.