In some situations our payment processor will need additional information to verify your identity. This will require a clear photo or scan of a valid, government issued ID. In rare cases, we may request additional documentation such as a photo, scan or .pdf of a utility bill, bank statement, or voided check. Our payment processor requests this documentation in order to comply with various tax, anti-money laundering, and sanctions laws. The information you provide during this process is 100% secure and will never be shared with anyone outside of our payment processor’s verification team.
Articles in this section
- How do I list tickets for sale?
- Do you charge a seller fee?
- Why do I need to provide my ID or bank information?
- Why do I need to provide my birthday to sell tickets on SeatGeek?
- How do I edit my listing or take it off the SeatGeek Marketplace?
- Why do I need to have a credit card on file in order to sell tickets?
- I sold tickets - why did I get charged?
- What is a payout?
- How long will it take to get paid after selling tickets?
- When do I get paid after sending a paid transfer?