Federal law requires that we collect identifying information from every user who sells on SeatGeek, much like a bank would require upon setting up a new user’s account. Currently, we request your legal name, address, date of birth and phone number. This information is used to verify your identity, and it’s very important that all of the information you provide is accurate and up to date. Sometimes, our payment processor will request additional documents to assist with this verification.
Articles in this section
- How do I list tickets for sale?
- Do you charge a seller fee?
- Why do I need to provide my ID or bank information?
- Why do I need to provide my birthday to sell tickets on SeatGeek?
- How do I edit my listing or take it off the SeatGeek Marketplace?
- Why do I need to have a credit card on file in order to sell tickets?
- I sold tickets - why did I get charged?
- What is a payout?
- How long will it take to get paid after selling tickets?
- When do I get paid after sending a paid transfer?